Residential Conveyancing: Sales
We are required by The Solicitors Regulatory Authority (the body which regulates law firms) to provide you with information on our costs in relation to some of the legal services we provide. We provide this information so that you have the information you need to make an informed choice of legal service provider, and have an understanding as to what the total cost of that service may be.
We have provided information on the potential costs for sales, purchases and re-mortgages and listed the factors which may cause those costs to increase. However, fees will vary from property to property and can on occasion be significantly more than the ranges given. We can give you an accurate figure once we have specific information about the property including having sight of the relevant documentation.
The fees which we charge for residential conveyancing depend on a wide variety of factors including but not limited to whether the transaction is a sale or purchase, where the property is, and whether it is a flat or a house.
Our fees are based on the following assumptions:
- this is a standard transaction and that no unforeseen matters arise including for example (but not limited to) a defect in title which requires remedying prior to completion or the preparation of additional documents ancillary to the main transaction
- that the property is registered
- that the property is not new build and you do not require a help to buy mortgage
- the transaction is concluded in a timely manner and no unforeseen complication arise
- all parties to the transaction are co-operative and there is no unreasonable delay from third parties providing documentation
- no indemnity policies are required. Additional thirdparty costs may apply if indemnity policies are required.
This firm does not pay referral fees for work.
Please see the following details of the range of fees we could charge. We always like to provide a bespoke quote so please contact us direct and we will be happy to provide this.
|Purchase Price||Fee Range|
|Up to £100,000||£500-700 + VAT|
|£100,001 to £200,000||£550-750 + VAT|
|£200,001 to £300,000||£600-800 + VAT|
|£300,001 to £400,000||£650-850 + VAT|
|£400,001 to £500,000||£700-900 + VAT|
|£500,001 to £600,000||£750-950 + VAT|
|£600,001 to £700,000||£800–1000 + VAT|
|£700,001 to £800,000||£850–1050 + VAT|
|£800,001- £900,000||£900-1100 + VAT|
|£900,001 - £1,000,000||£950–1200 + VAT|
Please contact us for a quote on any properties valued at over £1,000,000.
We will charge additional fees for the following:
- Leasehold flat: £200 + VAT
- New build property: £150.00 + VAT
- Shared Ownership: £250.00 + VAT
- Unregistered title: £250.00 + VAT
- Auction sale: £300.00 + VAT
Third Party Costs
We handle the payment of third party costs on your behalf to ensure a smoother process. These include:
- Index Map Search fee £4 each.
- Copies of the register of title and plan from the Land Registry (per title) £6 each.
- Copies of documents from the Land Registry (as referred to on a title) £3 each.
All of our conveyancing matters are conducted by one of the following all of whom are fully qualified solicitors:
Stephen David Worrall
Stephen is a Director (Partner) of the firm and head of our property team. Stephen qualified as a solicitor in 2001 and therefore has 20 years’ experience. Stephen has dealt with both residential and commercial property work throughout his career and therefore brings a wealth of experience and expertise to all of his matters.
Deborah Catherine Birchall
Deborah is a solicitor with the firm. She qualified in 1999 and worked initially in the area of Personal Injury litigation before moving into the field of property work. Deborah specialised in overseas property for a number of years and subsequently transferred to dealing with mainstream residential property transactions.
Rachel Louise Barrow
Rachel qualified as a solicitor in 1998 and has dealt with residential property work since she qualified. She has a wealth of experience and expertise in this area of work having handled thousands of cases throughout her career.